Sunday, May 11, 2014

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


5 STARS!!

Purchase Alice in Zombieland HERE 

Alice Bell sees monsters, to be precise, she sees zombies. After a car accident that kills her parents and younger sister she is able to see these creatures and they are not the traditional zombies that you may be thinking of. Yes, they resemble walking corpses but they are invisible to most people and these monsters don't feed off off your flesh, they feed off your spirit. Ali's father used to see them but she always thought he was a bit crazy. Now she knows and regrets ever doubting her father.

Cole Holland is part of a secretive group of warriors who can see zombies. They spend their nights out patrolling the town protecting unsuspecting innocents. Cole and Ali are pulled together by a series of visions that they share when their eyes meet for the first time everyday. Ali is drawn into the group when it becomes known that she can see these monsters too.

First off I have to say. WHY HAS THIS BE SITTING IN MY TBR PILE FOR SO LONG??? Generally I am not a YA type of girl, but being that this is a Gena Showalter book and I am a HUGE fan girl of hers, I made sure to pick up a copy. And boy am I glad that I did! What an amazing read! I loved this take on zombies! And I loved Ali and Cole! Both had great depth of character and detail. The story was engaging, exciting, humorous and full of action. Not one time did I lose interest (which usually happens to me when I read YA). As a matter of fact I read it in one setting!

Even though it was a YA there was plenty of heat in Cole and Ali's relationship. Cole was a great hero! He was fearless, sexy *rawr* and possessive. I can't wait to find out more about him. Ali was sweet, strong willed and brave. After losing everything dear to her she could've easily given up but she was determined to help fight the monsters. And while the story focuses more on Ali (which was great) I'm hoping that book two will give us more about Cole's background. I will definitely be diving into Through the Zombieglass next!

All in all another fantabulous book by the amazing Gena Showalter!!

Visit Gena Showalter on her website:

Follow her on Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment