Friday, April 18, 2014

How Beauty Saved The Beast by Jax Garren


5 Stars!

 This is the third book book in the Tales of Underlight series. It wraps up Jolie and Hauk's storyline but will continue on next with Brayden (YAY!)

Let me just say how much I ADORED this book. I laughed, I cried. It was, as I told Jax on Twitter, the most heart-wrenchingly perfect book that I have read IN FOREVER. . You really do need to read the previous two books in the series to get the whole effect.

Hauk is an ex military officer who was horribly scarred in a fire, so much that people are frightened of him. Jolie is a beautiful burlesque dancer who sees past his scars to the sweet lonely man inside. Book three culminates into the big showdown with the evil Ananke. 
I can't go into any detail without spoilering but if you want a story filled with suspense, angst, heartbreak and triumph this series is for you! Seeing Hauk come in to his own and learn to be comfortable with all his scars and flaws and realize that deep down he is worthy of Jolie's love was amazing to see unfold. Jolie is the perfect heroine. She fell in love with her man and stuck by and helped him through all his insecurities. This here sums up Jolie's love for Hauk "There is no should or shouldn't. There's just what is. Things may be different in the future, but I'm here with you in the now. I want you as you are right now. Not as you think you should be. Not as you want to be. As you are." *sigh* That right there is why I love Jolie so much!

The story had several twists that I didn't expect, one of which had my stomach in knots and heart breaking while sobbing my eyes out. But that being said, the ending still left me sighing in happiness and hugging my kindle with a huge smile on my face. 
Bravo Jax *claps* Perfect ending to a perfect storyline. I can't wait to see what comes
 next with Brayden

Jax Garren Website

No comments:

Post a Comment