Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter



5 STARS!!!

Have you ever read a book that you just couldn't put down? Devouring it. Page after page is flying by and you can't stop because it's just that awesome. And yet the closer you get to the end the more your dread builds, because seriously? You know what's going to happen when you finish. Yep, it's the hated book slump, I mean what is going to be able to top the amazeballs book you have just finished? Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Well peeps for me that book is Burning Dawn.

I honestly don't know where to start with my review because I adored every facet of this book. The characters, the storyline, the emotions, all of it was just total awesomesauce! I couldn't put it down! I just love a book that can make me angry, laugh out loud like a loon and then teary eyed from one page to the next.

I have been a fan of Gena's ever since I first fell in love with Maddox from The Darkest Night (I won't go off topic but my god I could wax poetic about that man for HOURS!). Needless to say I am a PNR fan for life because of her. Another thing that I've always loved is Gena's ability to create stories that will send your emotions on a roller coaster ride that you'll never forget. Love and hate, betrayal and forgiveness, treachery and devotion. Burning Dawn has all of that and more!

This has everything in it that Paranormal Romance fans are looking for. You have the hot, broody ALPHA (and I type that in caps because Thane is all things alpha) the fragile yet courageous heroine, powerful storyline, stunning backdrop (uhh... they live on a cloud, how freaking awesome is that?) and Gena's trademark humor (I have got to get myself a Multiple Scorgasm shirt). And Holy HOTNESS Batman! Never fear, the heat level in this book is out of this world! I love nothing more than seeing the tortured hero, and man Thane has some serious inner demons, brought to his knees by his heroine. Elin was the perfect match for Thane, she was the light to his dark and I loved seeing her blossom as her confidence grew. I have to say Thane surprised me. Instead of pulling the typical macho "I refuse to see what she means to me" crap he embraced his feelings! Sure he resisted at first, trying to protect her from himself but not for too long. Thane LOVED Elin and once he realized how much he held nothing back from her. BEST. ALPHA. HERO. EVER.  Ooh and the dimples, oh my god Thane has dimples! *swoon*

I also loved that we got a few cameos from our favorite LOTU characters! :)

I HIGHLY recommend that you buy Burning Dawn but make sure to clear your calender because once you start you're not going to be able to put it down until it's finished! IT'S THAT FREAKING AMAZING!

* I won an early copy from the author on her website for an honest review
Check out Gena's website for more awesome books

No comments:

Post a Comment