Sunday, November 20, 2016

Descended by Evangeline Anderson

Blurb

 Charlotte Walker is just an intern trying to get through her surgical rotation in one piece when her life takes an abrupt turn for the weird. A seven-foot tall patient with multicolored eyes and golden skin shows up in the ER asking for her. When he tells Charlotte she's supposed to be the Empress of the entire galaxy, she naturally thinks he's high or crazy or both.

He's not.

Kristoff Verrai is the Captain of the Imperial Guard of the Goddess-Empress of the galaxy. For ten cycles he served his old mistress faithfully. Now that she is dead, his only job is to find and protect her new Incarnation until she can ascend the throne.

He doesn't expect to fall in love with her.

But a relationship between them can never be--the Empress must have a Consort with Royal blood and Kristoff is just a commoner.
 

Can they fight the love growing between them? Or will it overwhelm them?
If only Charlotte wasn't Descended from the most powerful female in the universe, they might have a chance...

My Review - 4 Stars!

This is book three in Evangeline Anderson's Alien Mate Index series and features Charlotte. I will admit that I was a bit worried about this one. The Marjoran worship females as Goddesses and when I say worship, I mean they WORSHIP their females. They are wonderfully submissive to them and while I found this to be a refreshing change from the usual caveman behavior in other books, I was also worried that Kristoff would be too submissive. I mean who wants a weak willed mate? But I'm happy to say that Evangeline handled the relationship between Kristoff and Charlotte beautifully! He may worship her but he is no spineless wimp. He still had more than enough alpha-ness to make my heart go pitter pat. 

Now what I didn't care for in the book was how rigid the rules were for the Empress. No choosing your own consort, being forced to go to the Royal House of Goddess Pleasures, etc. It seemed like for being considered the Empress of the entire galaxy she wasn't allowed to make a single decision for herself. It was seriously ticking me off at times and I just wanted Charlotte to scream "ENOUGH" and tell all of the councilors to piss off! 

All in all, I enjoyed the story despite my frustration over the way Charlotte was treated. Count Doloroso is still running amok so there is lots of danger and intrigue as well as witty and hilarious (I ADORE Zoe, lol) dialogue. Another great addition to the AMI series!

Purchase Links
Amazon
Barnes & Noble 
iBooks 
Kobo 

Meet the Author

Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for it. To her delight, she found that it was actually possible to get money for having a dirty mind and she has been writing paranormal and Sci-fi erotica steadily ever since.
http://evangelineanderson.com/ 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment